Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeware on Versiontracker

Options
  • 29-09-2005 12:43pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I recently bought a few DVDs, totally legally in India. I thought I could load them on to my computer with mac the ripper, and re-set the region.
    But it seems the computer has to be able to read the DVD before it can re-set the region!

Anyone know of any software like mactheripper that would help this? I have vlc but it doesnt seem to help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sounds like the DVDs are simply borked, have you got them working anywhere at all?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Yea, I have it working on an old computer, think it has a multi regional DVD player in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Have you tried opening the standard DVD Player? That should ask you if you want to change the region coding. You can only change it 5 times, though there are ways around that that I won't go into... ;)

Advertisement