Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Management Software

Options
  • 29-09-2005 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

What software do you use for project management?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

MS project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

I use the Dilbert website for project management.

Ps. There's an open source version of Ms Project called "Open Workbench".

http://www.openworkbench.org/

regards,
    Owen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Fmicrochip

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to say in my original post, "..apart from MS Project" :)

I will check out OpenWorkBench.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Doing primarily project management work this year and cannot reccomend excel enough :)

Most people already have it but rarely use it. It's very verseitile. Most PM software I've come across is very restrictive in how you display work or what you add etc. You can do Gant charts with excel. You can also use VBA to create relevant resource, task colours etc.

There are also free add-on's around the net for things that its lacking. Failing that try the equivlant in open office

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

May not be suitable but how about Apache Maven .

One nice feature is the test case support. It will convert all results of tests on your project into HTML format so you can view your test case results in a generated HTML page.

TBH I haven't used it before but I've heard good things......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

May not be suitable but how about Apache MAVEN.

One nice feature is the test case support. It will convert all results of tests on your project into HTML format so you can view your test case results in a generated HTML page.

TBH I haven't used it before but I've heard good things......

More tailored for programming projs, didn't realise you wanted a management app.....

i should really read the thread before I go shooting off!

Advertisement