Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating Winter

Options
  • 29-09-2005 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

is it possible to cheat winter, ie, take the bike out every few days just to keep it ticking over, and make sure its just kept in good order, and before you ask, yes I am to lazy to go through the whole thing of draining, oiling, waxing etc

Cheers

Chunky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

is it possible to cheat winter, ie, take the bike out every few days just to keep it ticking over, and make sure its just kept in good order, and before you ask, yes I am to lazy to go through the whole thing of draining, oiling, waxing etc

Cheers

Chunky

Do you know what you can do to keep it ticking over during the winter ????

DRIVE IT !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I was curious about that myself. Winter does suck, but there's nothing like going for a drive on a crisp winter's morning, with the sun shining.

Provided you have good gear of course.

seamus wrote:
    I was curious about that myself. Winter does suck, but there's nothing like going for a drive on a crisp winter's morning, with the sun shining.

Provided you have good gear of course.

Exactly Seamus,

First thing in the morning , on a clear winters day is really nice. The chill in the air is great for waking you up on the way to work.

I actually look forward to the winters here, providing there's no snow or ice I'll drive my bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Cheers

Chunky

Yes I believe it is.
    I wrecked the battery in one of my bikes because I left it sitting for ages so I think that the best thing to do is to unplug the battery (from both terminals) if you are leaving it sit for more than a week.
    If you give it a short run once or twice a week it will keep the oil alive too.

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

You could buy a trickle charger (eg optimate), it will keep your battery topped up over the winter. And like others have said, I love a bright fresh winter morning on the bike, it really makes you feel alive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

Hehe, my bandit sat unused for two months, started first time, went for another two months, started first time. Over this summer though.

I'm going from riding all winter, to riding all winter. No summer riding for me so I'm not going to miss an opportunity rain, hail or ... okay, I'll draw the limit at snow and take the car.

Riding in the winter ain't at all bad. It's just like summer except you put the liner into your jacket, trousers and buy a new pair of gloves. Oh, and a couple of those neck things.

Definitally cheat, you could be taking your bike apart, draining the carbs and what not or you could be out riding the thing. Nothing like it on Christmas morning.

Had to laugh at a dude today though, one of those big crusiers, coming out of a barbers or the video shop. Jeans and a leather jacket. No gloves, and the rain freaking pelting down. There he is grabbing the bars, wiping the rain off his hands, grabbing the bars. lol funneh.

saobh_ie wrote:
    Had to laugh at a dude today though, one of those big crusiers, coming out of a barbers or the video shop. Jeans and a leather jacket. No gloves, and the rain freaking pelting down. There he is grabbing the bars, wiping the rain off his hands, grabbing the bars. lol funneh.

Probably just got that new dvd "hard bodied bikers with their big choppers" in Xtravision. You can see where I'm going with this ;)

Advertisement