Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Name is Earl

Options
  • 29-09-2005 8:11am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone seen this yet? I watched it last night with the remote handy, ready to kill it if it turned out to be as dire as I feared, but it was quite watchable.
    Well, if that isn't damning with faint praise... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ElNino

I just watched the first two episodes and I haven't really made my mind up yet. I will give it another episode or two before Idecide whether to keep watching.

I think that Arrested Development, Entourage, The Office and Weeds are the best American comedies currently.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Episode two didn't particularly inspire me either. I watched the first episode of Entourage recently - seemed ok. Would you recommend I watch more?
    OTOH, I think the Office has gone seriously downhill this season. Carrel completely butchered the Brent character with his completely OTT verbal clumsiness in episode one, none of the subtleness of Gervais or even his own interpretation of hi from last season.
    Ep 2 was a little better
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmilf!
    I keep watching Weeds and not getting it. Is it really supposed to be a comedy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ElNino

I highly recommend that you get your cousins to send you the first two series of Entourage.

I agree that series 2 of the Office is not as good as series 1 so far and is not up to Gervais standards. I thought that episode 2 was average as it was a re-hash of an episode last season with the sexual harassment training again.

I guess that Weeds is a bit of an acquired taste but I like it as being anti Desperate Housewives.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

I recognise I am almost three years late with a post here but, for what it is worth, I think "Earl" is one of the funniest programmes on TV. Great characters. It is (The Simpsons) Cletus The Slack Jaw Yokel and friends in real life. Joy is Brandine !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

3 hot girls in it ftw

• Advertisement
Advertisement