Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Toasts, as Gaeilge

Options
  • 28-09-2005 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

I'm going to a wedding in England in 10 or 11 days, and the groom has just asked me for some toasts in Irish to insert here and there into the various speeches for the big day (assuming that I am still as fluent as I used to be). Thing is, I'm not. The other problem is that I'd find that sort of stuff hard enough to do in English!

I've found some traditional toasts on the net but most are in English. I was just wondering if anyone has a link to (or a list of) some basic enough toasts as Gaeilge. By the way, the odd one might have to be read by an English person (but I can give them a phonetic version of it).

So if you can help, I'd be much obliged...

Go raibh maith agaibh...

Advertisement