Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilco Albums

Options
  • 28-09-2005 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hey all,
    Im a newbie and just looking for advice. I have two Wilco albums, YHF and A Ghost is Born and am going to invest in another.. Which would b the best to go for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭HarryHoudini

Hey all,
    Im a newbie and just looking for advice. I have two Wilco albums, YHF and A Ghost is Born and am going to invest in another.. Which would b the best to go for?

My fav Wilco album is Summerteeth....pure class, I'd go for this one.

You should check out their DVD I am trying to break your heart....made around the time of YHF, getting dropped from their label...sacking band members....really interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Yeah, Summerteeth is a good'un. Being there is good, too, but I haven't really listened to it enough.

YHT and A Ghost is Born are realy, really, reallly, realllly good.

I dunno, depending what you're into, you could also try Mermaid Avenus, the one they did with Billy Bragg as a tribute to Woody Guthrie. Bit hokey but great. Vol. 2 is awful, though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

or hold out til nov 1 and get their new live cd.

anything by wilco is amazing, AM, Being There, Summerteeth, should all be bought as well as the Mermaid Ave records. if you have a good connection there are some great concerts on: bt.viachicago.org

if i had to pick one i'd go for summerteeth. no reason why but you have to pick one...

Vol 2 awful?? Airline To Heaven, Stetson Kennedy, Remember The Mountain Bed, Blood Of The Lamb, Someday, Some Morning, Sometime.

have another listen...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Get the Mermaid Avenues albums, my name's on them!

is it? do tell... you know jeff is playing the shepards bush on nov 22nd right?

• Advertisement

I won't see them for a while being in Greece I reckon :/

nasty it's a jeff solo show too! so how does one get his name onto mermaid ave?

Jeff's solo now? Cool, he's a talented bloke, nice guy too. I assisted the engineer on the mixing for a month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tiddlywinks

Thanks guys! Got Being There in Tower and also Turn's new album..which i hope lives up to the rest.. Cant wait to go home and listen now cause my discman battery is gone! Hate that! Will go for summerteeth next methinks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Gordon wrote:
    Jeff's solo now?

I don't think that's what he meant. Jeff does solo shows every now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

What about that Loose Fur, wha?

Terrible stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tiddlywinks

I do have Loose Fur album and its brilliant, can't believe that anyone would think otherwise.Jim O'Rourke is a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭jacool

too late for advice but Summerteeth
    cool as milk

Advertisement