Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to strip out laptop power

Options
  • 28-09-2005 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭

I need to replace a power supply on a laptop. Can any body tell me where to get a new power supply; eg, battery/charger, whatever. And mabye some advice on how to do it. The laptop is a dell 5100 inspiron.

It has to do with a ground loop causing feed-back to the speakers. As this laptop is being used for sound production this is a very annoying problem. Any help would be apprciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I know nothing about your speaker feedback problem etc, but when the power supply from my old Toshiba laptop died in spectacular sparks and smoke style, I was able to get a replacement one from Maplins for about 60 euros. The replacement one was a generic one with adaptors to fit a load of different laptops (as long as they required 19V DC). They had other ones supplying other voltages too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

If it's the power brikc try ebay. If it's the connection attached to the motherboard I don't know where you'd get one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins5100/en/index.htm
    Get the spec here and ring maplins and ask!

Advertisement