Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test

Options
  • 28-09-2005 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys got a letter today for a cancellation so my test is on Tuesday. Has anyone any tips as i will only be gettin one lesson due to work etc. It would be great if you could

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

You should be able to search this forum over the weekend (it's disabled during the week). This topic has been covered a million times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Cool i will check it out. thanks mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Quick tip! if you can try and get 2 hrs lessons before the test...thats what I did.....drive for 2 hrs and get used to driving how they want you to....then hop into car for test straight afterwards and you will be used to driving how they want you too......should pass then.....thats what I did and passed straight off.....then when you pass.....hop into car.....leave seat belt off, hold steering with one hand.....do 90 thru towns.....keep full headlights and fog lights on.......dont use indicators unless it Xmas.......use roundabout and motorway completely wrongly......have a full blown converation on mobile while weaving all over the road......then you will be welcome to the Irish roads as a FLD

LOL brilliant. Ah i failed my first go. Had a lesson last night then one fri sat and tues morning before the test as you say. It a nightmare. the bloke doing the lesson asks ya to drive as you normally do. thats bull**** LOL i just drive like a sap. Roll on tues. I hope a pass fingers crossed. I shall let use know the news..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Drive as quickly as possible, wheel-spinning whenever you take off. Use the handbrake to stop or turn. Swerve randomly at oncoming traffic. Don't stop for red lights. Chain smoke before and during the test, and if possible leave a few empty beer cans in the passenders footwell. Constantly scratch your genitals and complain about the "bird" you "rode" last night. When you pull up after the test, turn to look at the examiner and say "So do I pass, or will I see you again next week ?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I second the recomendation to get a 2hr lesson immediately before the test. I did it too and it calmed any nerves I had and got me in the right frame of mind. You'll likely cover some of the test route as well so it will be fresh in your mind.

stevenmu wrote:
    "So do I pass, or will I see you again next week ?"
    Yeah right! Next year more like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

stevenmu wrote:
    Drive as quickly as possible, wheel-spinning whenever you take off. Use the handbrake to stop or turn. Swerve randomly at oncoming traffic. Don't stop for red lights. Chain smoke before and during the test, and if possible leave a few empty beer cans in the passenders footwell. Constantly scratch your genitals and complain about the "bird" you "rode" last night. When you pull up after the test, turn to look at the examiner and say "So do I pass, or will I see you again next week ?"

Excellent!

Yeah i have heard that the two hour lesson is the best thing to do before the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

One very good tip that was given to me before I did mine was to reverse your car into the parking space at the test centre. Arrive early so you can find an easy parking place to get out of too.
    This helps in that when the examinar and yourself arrive out, after they look at your car and get in, you can very easily get the test underway (thus settling your nerves etc) rather than having to deal with reversing out of a tight car parking place etc etc.

Conversly, when you arrive back at the centre after doing your test, drive in frontwards to avoid unnecessary delays in getting the car perfectly aligned backwards in a space.

Also, if you happen to make a small mistake during the test, put it out of your mind as quickly as possible. There is no point in getting flustered because you should have made that previous gap in traffic etc etc...

Take it easy and display confidence. A confident drive is what will get you through.

Best of luck with it,

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Just letting you know I passed my test first time........ :p

• Advertisement

well test is tomorrow and i am ****ting myself :(

Best of luck. Rest up tonight and get some practice in tomorrow to calm your nerves beforehand.

When just about to start to give the cara good clean and that. have an hour pre test beforehand so fingers crossed

blahblah, don't sh*t yourself over a driving test. There are far more important things you'll do in your life. Good luck with it, but really, it's not that important in the grand scheme of life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ! dwarfchucka

This is a fairly good site to take a look at.
    click me!

Its also 99% guaranteed that you will be asked to demonstrate the hand signals.
    Reckon you could have done with a few more lessons but they're under pressure to clear the backlog at the moment so you might be lucky. :)

Good luck today man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Yeah, good luck.

I ****ing Passed With Only One Mark. Go Me Woohooo Im So Happy

blahblah06 wrote:
    I ****ing Passed With Only One Mark. Go Me Woohooo Im So Happy

Con Grats!! welcome to the lunacy!!! :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Good luck with it and maybe wear a short skirt!
    Anyhow, don't worry about it as it not having it won't mean you can't drive and your insurance will still be high!

• Advertisement

Skirt.. i should have tried that i dont think the guys would like my long hairy legs LOL

Congrats. It's a great feeling isn't it?

Hey outshined. Ye mate it is brilliant. one less thing to worry about aswell

congrats mate!

Advertisement