Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

x locking up

Options
  • 25-09-1999 1:18am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭

every time i try to load up X it gets to the graphic interface with teh little squares/circles in the background and then hangs
    any ideas?

MiCr0

i think that it might be a mouse conflict with some thing else

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

still doesn't work after multiple reinstalls
    using rh5.2
    whats stranger is it just stopped working one day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

This happens me too, in RH 6.0
    I can't figure it out but X works fine if I log in as root.

Suppose I should really check the X config files in my home directory really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Bit shady on this while since i played with X
    But.. have a look a your .xinitrc file in your home dircetory. It executes your window manager, try also run XF86Setup, Xconfigurator and xf86config. One of those might get it sorted..

write back .. !!
    Gav

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

tried everything obvious about a million times
    to no avail
    i reckon that there is mouse conflict but what can be done with one of those?

ttbomk it was working until we got our printer working again and had to change the i/o card

Advertisement