Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Up To Date is the PC Specs sticky

Options
  • 28-09-2005 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

So im looking at maybe making myself a new high end gamer, possibly water cooling the sh*t outta it, how up to date are the specs in the above sticky.

Probably going with a Temjin TJ06. Any thoughts anyone, been a while since i was looking at hardware so im a bit out of the loop. Any specs for an upper range gamer qould be appreciated, and by specs i dont mean just throw down the top of the range lists off sites, i am looking for hardware that people here already have and that works sweetly.

Cheers amigos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Not really up to date, from a cursory look.

Nice case. My hardware works great. Can play any game at high-res.
    Check out my sig for the list of stuff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Mine is well outta date now and i only put it together last year but suffice to say i have no worries playing games and running intense programs.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

Hey wiz, where/when did you get your gear? How much did ya pay for the lot?

Looks nice, maybe even a bit overboard to be honest!!! (2*400gb drives, and Seagate, what the hell dude!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Drazhar wrote:
    Looks nice, maybe even a bit overboard to be honest!!! (2*400gb drives, and Seagate, what the hell dude!!!)
    Me, go overboard? Nah, you've got the wrong guy ;)

Got most of it from either ww.komplett.ie, www.overclock.co.uk or www.overclockers.co.uk
    Paid quite a bit. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

my new rig is up to date enough, the only thing to come yet is more HDD space, and a next gen ATI card.

• Advertisement

Wizzard: If you would rather keep the details of the amount secret, PM me the amount it cost you!!

Gil: A spec would also be helpful?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Love my setup although there are a few items in there that could be upgraded. No water cooling for me though, twas my first self-build so I was nervous enough. :D

well you did only ask if my specs were up to date, but if you need to know more, here you go

Thermaltake Alu Armor Case
    Intel Pentium D 830 cooled on air
    1GB of Corsair PC5400 DDR2 (2x512MB)
    Gigabyte GA-8I955X Royal Mobo
    ATI Radeon X800XL 512MB (to be replaced yet when the R520s are out)
    Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
    D-Link DWL-520+ Wifi Card
    Phantom 500 PSU
    LG DVD ROM Drive
    Samsung 16x DVD Writer (soon to be replaced by a lightscribe compatible burner)
    1 WD Raptor 74GB (system Drive)
    1 250GB Seagate Barracuda NCQ (storage, more to come soon though)
    Belinea 19" TFT Screen
    Canon IPX4000 Printer.
    Logitech dinovo Notebook edition cordless desktop
    Creative S750 Speakers system (coming next week)

happy?

as a pig in the proverbial!!

I am glad to please ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement