Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP editor

Options
  • 27-09-2005 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Recently I put a thread up asking whats the best Java editor, now as I move to another project I need a good PHP editor.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I use Notepad ++ - it has syntax highlighting and what not.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

PSPad does it for me - freeware, lightweight, colouring for a variety of languages and autocomplete for HTML tags and PHP functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Emacs? Vim? :) Both free, very extensible, lots of possibilities. Once you get hooked on one of them, you'll be trapped for the rest of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭fatlog

editplus. its great

or dzphp but its only a 30 day trial

editplus really is class. has syntax highlighting for nearly every language. built-in browser, you can add your own compile tools for java, c etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Vi, Notepad, PHPEd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

PHPeclipse - http://www.phpeclipse.de

Great for the big projects.

If I'm only hammering together a dirty script though, I'll use Syn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

PhpEdit used to be pretty good and free but I think it's not free anymore..not sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

vi is the standard editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

gerryk wrote:
    vi is the standard editor.

Nonsense. ed is the standard editor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

vi is the ****ing devil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

rsynnott wrote:
    Nonsense. ed is the standard editor.

cat and ^D.

Editors are for pansies.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've found phpEdit good, though I'm certain there are far more experienced-with-php types posting here and better programmers too. I still like vim though, it's got all those purty colours and such so I'd tend to go for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭posiedon

I find HomeSite pretty nifty myself. It will do most things, and I've always used it for PHP, JSP and ASP. Great for scripting languages because it highlights the script syntax and also has all the built in HTML stuff for code insight. Works well with javascript, and I have the PHP manual, ASP and javascript docs plugged in as buttons whenever I need to go for a reference on something.

However you gotta buy it. Ive had mine for ages now, but i think it' about $90 or something like that.

Advertisement