Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam acoustic album

Options
  • 27-09-2005 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

hi there,

Not sure if Pearl Jam still counts as alternative, but anyway, here is my question:

did PJ release double live acoustic album? I'm not referring to the MTV unplugged session (which was never officially released - a crime, its a fantastic set )

I think I remember seeing one in Virgin a few months ago but I haven't seen it recently and have found no mention of it on the net. I know theres a few live albums and the 'best of' but if i recall correctly its a purely acoustic one?

cheers
    D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭brian crackout

i believe the album your thinking of is called 'Benaroya hall', Named after the venue that they played in. its a double record of (Nearly) all acoustic songs played as a charity gig for homeless kids. it came out around this time last year. i got it and its actually very good, but not a patch on the MTV unplugged show they did in '92. hope this helps...

there was a review in the RTE guide:

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2004/0909/pearljam.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

yeah thats the one, i just did an image search on google for the 'Benaroya hall' and the album cover that came back was exactly the one I was thinking of, thanks!
    It wasn't a limited edition or anything was it? I just can't seem to find it in Dublin...might try on-line

thanks!
    D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

No, not limited edition (that is unless you want the absolutely savage Vinyl edition). It's one of my favourite, Crazy Mary and Black are insane, Low Light is pure quality as is Down.
    Its great for listening to during a long drive.
    Out of the 60+ shows I have on CD and DVD, I would have it in the top 15, maybe top 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

i wish pearl jam had quit in 98.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

i wish pearl jam had quit in 98.

WHY??
    They are getting better with age, fair enough Binaural and Riot Act aren't their best albums (im ny opinion) but theyre still good albums, if only most bands could make albums near as good as these two alone, music in general would be far better off.

And, as a live band, there is no one better anywhere at the moment than them (im waiting for people to start saying Muse...) and there have been very few bands ever that could match some of their live shows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Allmusic.com have a a few details on the album also:

Benaroya Hall

Advertisement