Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The theory is easy enough. A script could easily parse the urls, take out the username, open the url, and add the relevant data to the textbox.

There are only two problems/unknowns I can think of:
    1. You need to login to edit pages. May not be too difficult if you know a bit about http headers.
    2. How to submit the data to the webserver.

I'm thinking in terms of PHP, as it could easily be hacked together quickly to do this. But Perl may do an even better job, and I don't really know Perl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

There is a very handy Perl module called WWW::Mechanize. It's designed to make it easy to machanicially interact with web forms. It's on CPAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

As an idiot, I have no knowledge of what PHP or PERL are or how to use them. It seems that this Mechanize thing is the right way to go. I did a search. There's some examples here
    do i need to download anything to use this stuff? (Read: Anything that doesn't come with XP) Or should i go into college to do it? I can use cygwin in there, although i'd still be a bit lost to actually use this stuff. I reckon i'd be able to do the code though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

You'll need ActivePerl for windows to run Perl scripts. It comes with decent docs that should have you up and running in no time.

Advertisement