Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fattest man in Britian

Options
  • 27-09-2005 8:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

I didn't catch it all but I really felt it was explotative rather than informative. Did they ever explain how he could afford all the food?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

totally exploitative. at the end he said "I know I have a problem and I'm working on getting better" - no evidence that he was though, no sign of dieting or exercise and he'd just eaten an enormous curry.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's a Sky One "documentary" after all. They generally aren't all that informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

BuffyBot wrote:
    It's a Sky One "documentary" after all. They generally aren't all that informative.

Pretty much sums it up. Every Sky One documentary I've seen so far has been awful, exploitation, misinformation, personal opinions* and scare mongering ("How not to die!").

* eg the Posh and Becks "documentary". Did anyone see that? The interviewer spent the whole time talking about how great they really are, and how smart Posh seemed to her, and how everyone is out to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

for mark hammond, but i caught him on richard on judy and he said he had lost 3 stone since the show, but i still think they should have shown if they helped him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

yeah I saw him on Richard and Judy too. How could anyone get that fat?! He ate 9 curries for dinner!! I'd say ditch the carbs and pick up the salads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

This is on again now. I can barely stand to look at him. He's hideous. Richard Hammond that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Richard Hammond should stick with Top Gear

the idea of the show wqas fine but the wrong presenter and the space ship flying around yer mans body was ridiculous

wonderful toilet action. push billy, push

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Pigman II wrote:
    I can barely stand to look at him. He's hideous. Richard Hammond that is.

:D:D My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

BuffyBot wrote:

I really think I learnt alot from the one abot Fart Gas, the Wick Effect, and spontaneous human combustion. Most educational.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah yes, I watched the Spontaneous Human Combustion thing, with Bruce Dickenson. It was OK, but nothing new. The pig experiment had been done before on a previous documentary on the same phenomenon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Was trying to think of who the fat guy reminded me of then it came to me.

debt collector Barry Baggs from "the League of Gentlemen"
    http://www.lunacynet.com/league/char_debt.html#barry

Advertisement