Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Two On Rte?

Options
  • 26-09-2005 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

anyone know when rte are showing the next season? they never mentioned it at the end! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Probably early next year...!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

I cant wait that long!!Only started the new series in the u.s so it will be a fair while till we get it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

basquille wrote:
    Probably early next year...!

Yeah, I'd say so too. If the US do a good run of say 12 episodes by Christmas, there's a chance RTE could start in January (or more likely February), but the US took so many dodgy breaks last year, RTE will want to see a timetable from ABC in advance before launching something they'll risk having to take breaks on themselves.

Definitely won't be before Christmas unless RTE want to do a "Friends" on it by purposely taking breaks when the US are too close. (That'll probably be a dangerous thing to try on a show like this here.)

They do this with ER every year (start in November), but the Christmas break and more at Easter and a few sporting events means that it always runs quite neatly. I doubt Lost would be workable as effectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nubbintom

i know thats what usually happens, they do it with ER, but did RTE not double up the eps so they could catch up with the US second series?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭nome

just got this reply from rte bout series 2 :(
    Thank you for your query.

The series Lost has been very popular, and over the
    last day or so we have received many enquiries
    regarding series 2. The update is that RTÉ has secured
    series 2, but it has not yet been scheduled. The
    current plan by RTÉ Television is to show it next year
    (2006) and there is no indication of the season.

Glad that you enjoyed the first series of Lost.
    Your support of RTÉ is appreciated.
    Kind Regards

Mary Clarke
    RTÉ Information Office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭scuby

buddy of mine has downloaded the first episode of series two... very interestinf vieiwng, goes back to jack's story and reveals some stuff about the hatch......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yeah. and the Aussie chick's baby being Jack's :eek:
    what a ****ing twist!

lies and propaganda......... dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

What?

tman is just messing with us... about jack and claire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

what's the fuking spoilers man!

albeit fake spoilers but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Any news on when it is on yet?
    January or February I hope.
    Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

im...LOST wrote:
    Cheers!

Tommorrow I hope.

I haven't heard anything. Anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

im...LOST wrote:
    Cheers!
    If RTE don't even know when it's being shown how are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

IRISH PEOPLE TOIN THE FUSELAGE ITS THE OFFICAL FORUM FROM THE CREATIVE TEAM BEHIND LOST, WE HAVE AN IRISH SECTION STARTED UP SO JOIN UP FOR ALL UR INFO, NO BANNING HERE http://www.thefuselage.com/Threaded/forumdisplay.php?f=187

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Does Rte work with a kinda season thing where series nearly always start at the beginning of a season? Well if this is the case we could be waiting until june over
    here because a lot of new series start then. Well i cant really say im botherd cos i seen up til ep. 5!!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Lost Season 1 on DVD released in two parts! What a joke. What do they think? We arent made of money...

I am so annoyed about this, why didnt they release the whole lot together in Ireland and other european countries who have finished the series? Screw any countries who havnt seen it all yet. Expecting us to pay EUR50.00 a piece for something in total that should be no more than EUR80.00 (in the more expensive shops at that price).

The worst thing is the wait. Its bad enough we wont get season 2 over here until sometime next year.

This is the biggest incentive yet for people to download the whole series 1 for free. When will these people cop themselves on?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Surely it's a bigger incentive to get yourself a multi region DVD player?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,457 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I imagine that about 1-2 months after part 2 is released, a single box set with all episodes will appear. I'd just wait it out if I were you.

• Advertisement

you are damn right. It is a big incentive to get one:D Theres one going for £25 on amazon.co.uk and i am seriously considering it. But %^&$, why should we have to wait for the whole thing here. That is a load of £$%^ in fairness.

To be honest.. i can't blame them for what they're doing!

Channel 4 have paid a lot to screen the 1st series... it is their fault they screened it so late thanks to Big Brother... but releasing the entire series before broadcast is as far as i know, unheard of!

And besides Region 2 is Europe, Japan, the Middle East, Egypt, South Africa and Greenland. 'Lost', as far as i know has completed it's run in most of these countries / continents.

The release of the 1st Series in 2 parts was to try and combat people from buying the full Region 1.

Just buy a Region 1 DVD and quit moaning!

Why not release it in 2 parts in the UK and places who havnt finished yet? Sorry for the moaning:D have to release the frustration somewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

they are ripping us the fúck off! deal with it, i mean we should be used to it by now, rip off ireland!:rolleyes: im getting the american dvds anyway, god bless dvd region changers!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Season Two will be starting early in the new year on RTE TWO, according to the Sunday Tribune.

Great stuff RTE. Might be on in january so, looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 surfin

Hi,
    I was lucky enough to see the first two episodes of season two, my cousin acquired them somehow, but point is i can give you a snoposise if you like, if not i wont ruin it for you, but it is good so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭phileeoonskee

@ least RTE is getting on with it sharpish. But with this hiatus we could end up with big gaps between certain episodes.

surfin wrote:
    Hi,
    I was lucky enough to see the first two episodes of season two, my cousin acquired them somehow, but point is i can give you a snoposise if you like, if not i wont ruin it for you, but it is good so far!
    Misc-AgainstRules.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

@ least RTE is getting on with it sharpish. But with this hiatus we could end up with big gaps between certain episodes.

Nah,most shows here start in January so that there won't be any breaks. There will be no need for breaks anyway,but you never know with RTE,they might just decide to have a few for poops and giggles.

Advertisement