Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus 32X SLI mobo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

This is really gonna p1$$ off anyone who's just invested in the A8N-SLi Premium board. :)
    Still, good to see that Asus have moved away from those awful little 'packs up after 10 days' chipset fan/coolers, hopefully they'll continue the heatpipe approach on into the Socket M2 boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Until there are 2 graphics cards in existence that can utilise 16 PCI-E pipelines, there is no point whatsoever in having 32, none!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Yeah but I suppose they are rushing this stuff out because of the approach of PCI-Express 2 (that's PCI-E Mark II). Justr one big marketing scam if you ask me, all this chopping and changing of standards,ATX>BTX, AGP>PCI-E>PCI-E2, 462>754>939>M2 etc. etc. but at least it looks like PCI-E 2 will be backwards compatible with PCI-E.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Was thinking of getting this board, not really to bothered with DFI anymore since hearing so many bad reports about the new expert m/b.
    So anyone got one of these, any opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

There is so little reason to buy a 32 lane board that it's hilarious. This board is the ultimate in e-peen marketing. Show me a benchmark that proves theres any advantage at all in running SLI with 32x rather than 16x ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Have one of these. Paired with an X1800XT as well.... :) Very nice board, latest bios (1009), fixes most things that were wrong, runs quiet, has 8-phase power for the cpu, and has enough PCI-E slots for a PCI-E sound card and PPU when they arrive.

Not gonna bother with SLI as I'll usually get the latest graphics card thats out, rather than look to upgrading by adding another card.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

astrofool wrote:
    Have one of these. Paired with an X1800XT as well.... :) Very nice board, latest bios (1009), fixes most things that were wrong, runs quiet, has 8-phase power for the cpu, and has enough PCI-E slots for a PCI-E sound card and PPU when they arrive.

Not gonna bother with SLI as I'll usually get the latest graphics card thats out, rather than look to upgrading by adding another card.

Well then buying that board was a waste of time!

Advertisement