Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhysX Add-In Board

Options
  • 26-09-2005 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

It's shown today on this site (hope you can read Chinese).

Expected to retail at around $249.

Would you buy it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I don't think there is any real need to buy them yet but they may well become as big as gpu's in a year or two. That's providing cpu's continue scaling as slowly as they have been in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Pc format had something about them in the mag this month, r maybe its next month... I cant remember. Agree with bloodbath, me thinks they'll be quite big...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The Unreal 3 engine is going to be the first to be able to properly take advantage, so untill then you are just wasting your time for something you are not going to need.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Would I buy it? Yes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There's a small article on it at ghostrecon.net with links to some demo video clips and discussion of what it's going to brin to GR3 in their forums here. TBH I'd been thinking that they wouldn't really be of much use for a couple of years yet but reading this I can see them bringing big benefits very soon (GR3 due out in Nov)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Would be a good idea as long as they don't decide to price them like they do with gpus.

Advertisement