Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birr County Offaly "The Castle" around the late 1980's

Options
  • 26-09-2005 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Ok, was talking to a friend over the weekend and we talked about an instance in around 1988/89 in the grounds of Birr Castle. We where on an annaul camp with the scouts and we where camping in the castle grounds near the river.

The last week of camp we went into Birr for cinema and on our return to the site at about 11:30 it was pitch black just our tents. After lighing a few burners to make hot chocolate we were startled by one of the troops shouting quiet ! we all listened and we herd what could only be presues was a ladies crying noise, but very intense, I'll never forget it!

It was very frightening, most thought it was a Banshee or some sort of fairy! I no idea. To this day I've never found out what it may or maynot be ¬!

Ok the point of the post is:-

1. Is there any spirit or noted paranormal activites around Birr Castle near the well?
    2. Anyone have simillar experince in Birr
    3. Is there a Banshee in the area?

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Probably a vixen in heat - sounds very much like a woman's/banshee's scream/wail...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

hummm we were caping on the eastern side of the river and the sound came from what I can remeber was the well area!

Scout leader thught it was a stag? sounded to much like a real human wale, but very strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

i can back up the vixen statement ... have heard it .... close up! VERY disturbing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Stags bark they don't cry out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

dublin6th wrote:
    i can back up the vixen statement ... have heard it .... close up! VERY disturbing!

Yeah, I've heard it while I was living in halls at uni... used to freak the **** out of me, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Thaed wrote:
    Stags bark they don't cry out.

ho ho, you're thinking of dogs, little bit smaller and fluffier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Kernel wrote:
    ho ho, you're thinking of dogs, little bit smaller and fluffier.

*ducks to avoid the impending crossfire*

Advertisement