Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of changing to a Hyosung gt650

Options
  • 26-09-2005 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Does anyone know much about the hyosung gt 650, Im on a CBR 250rr at the moment, my instructor has recommended them but just not sure as I have never known anyone who owns one. Saw 1 for the 1st time in Bikeworld last week and it looks fairly good.

Thanks

Chunky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I have also had a passing glance at them in Bikeworld (ages ago) but the one thing I could not be sure about with them was parts. My consideration was "what if something went wrong"- would I be stung on price or availability of parts? I also did not fancy having to go to Bikeworld any time I needed to fix something on the bike because I hadn't seen them in any other bikeshops.

They are cheap, I'll give em that. But I would aliken them to buying a Kia or Daewoo (erm chevrolet).....

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭davmigil

Hyosung have a reputation for depreciating like hell, so I wouldn't buy one new anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Hyosung's are actually back engineered Suzuki's . The GT650 was test driven on Bikes Aloud on Men and Motors last year and scored terribly. The guy that hosts the show didn't have anything good to say about it.

I have seen one or two of these after they have been driven for a couple of months and they don't look pretty. The build quality is really bad, and the tend to just decintegrate after a while.

There are loads of alternatives out there from reputable manufacturers, pick any one, just not Hyosung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

Cheers, also looking at a restricted CBR600, only problem is the price as new or availabily second hand

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭davmigil

What about a restricted Bandit 600?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hyorider1

There is some good information on this site...

http://korider.com/PHP-Nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=232

Advertisement