Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combined car/bike Insurance

Options
  • 26-09-2005 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Good news for those of us who run a car and a bike. From January CN will be offering a policy covering both vehicles. Remains to be seen how competitive it will be but at least they acknowledge that we can't use two vehicles at the same time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eye

sounds good, wont really effect me as it's too expensive for me to get insured on a car anyway so i'll just be sticking with my bike for a few more years, but i'm sure my brother will be very interested in it and i can think of a few other guys that would too as long as they are somewhat competative and not just doing it to try and take advantage of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I rang them up a few months ago and was told they were "In talks with an underwriter, but we expect to have a dual product within 6 months."

First time a Cust. Service rep has been right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

hmmm cool, would they be doing quotes do you think? I'll be getting a car in the coming months and would be interested in it. Are they only for full licance drivers do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Hi Sutty me oul flower. No idea on your questions but I'm guessing they'll be looking for what they deem "low risk" customers. Give them a ring come January I guess.

To become "low risk" age to 30+ and get married :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Hmmm... damnit I'm 24 and single...

Curse you people with other people!!!

Ah well. Think it would count if I told them I value my bikes exsitance over anyone on the roads life?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭delanest

I have a full bike licence and a provisional Car licence.

Previously CN only insured drivers with full licences.

Anyoneknow what the case is now?

Pay 900 for the bike and 2,600 for the car, surely CN can beat that - fingers crossed

thanks for the info Canaboid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

sutty wrote:
    Hmmm... damnit I'm 24 and single...

Curse you people with other people!!!
    If you marry someone over age 60 then maybe they'll take the average age & you'll get the age 40+ rates :D

causal

Advertisement