Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an old gun valued

Options
  • 25-09-2005 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hello everyone.

I have an oldish Scott english sidelock side-by-side, thats sitting idle in the gunsafe.
    She is in great nick visually, with a little bit of pitting in the barrels. I have noticed though that she is slighly loose on the face, and I am thinking of getting it re-jointed.

I need to decide who will do the work, and I think, given the way the gun looks very posh, I should get it valued, as I can go for a standard running repair, or send away for a more sympathetic job to be done, given the guns age.

Has anyone any suggestions as to who to turn to in valuing old english shotguns?

thanks in advance

cycllops

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

drop an email to one of the English guns mags. You often see questions about gun history / value etc on the readers letters pages. Their firmarms experts have access to the factory log books for a lot of the old gunmakers.

Sporting Gun
    Shooting Times
    Sporting Shooter

Advertisement