Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A quick warning about zalman cpu coolers

Options
  • 25-09-2005 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Ive had a CNPS7700Cu on my rig for about a year and a half now. This is just to let you know that you should keep an eye on your temps and inspect the fin's of the cooler. I had prob's there recently and on inspection what I found what that the fin spaces directly behind the fan clog up with dust quite easily. This really drags it's cooling capacity down with mine ending up at a point where the machine was shutting down to protect the cpu.

Worth giving a blast of air every now and again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Ajnag wrote:
    Ive had a CNPS7700Cu on my rig for about a year and a half now. This is just to let you know that you should keep an eye on your temps and inspect the fin's of the cooler. I had prob's there recently and on inspection what I found what that the fin spaces directly behind the fan clog up with dust quite easily. This really drags it's cooling capacity down with mine ending up at a point where the machine was shutting down to protect the cpu.

Worth giving a blast of air every now and again.

Same with any fan really! Never go without the ol' can of compressed air...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Dust on a fan :eek: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

True, just that the design of the zalman is a little more suseptable to dust build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,220 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ajnag wrote:
    True, just that the design of the zalman is a little more suseptable to dust build up.

Yeah, have that on my Zalman 7000 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

thanks for the heads up man. Must check my mates pc that i installed a zalman cooler on, he has his on 24/7 probably clods of dust on it at this stage :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement