Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Weekend of Releases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It's Deadly:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Thats wierd. Both play & amazon have far cry as not released till the end of the week. Where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Friend of a Friend got it for me.

Can't wait for NBA Live 2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Looks like a good line up, nothing overly interesting there for my personnal taste though bar Far Cry.

About Far Cry, is it an Xbox adaption of the PC game or a stand alone game following the same story but a different version of the game?

Kinda like Call of Duty maybe? Same name, different game....

Definitely agree the xbox is getting a few class titles atm. Add to that list that monkey ball was ported over last month & pro evo is getting a sequel next month.

Is half life 2 still meant to be coming out for xbox 1 or is it 360 now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

skywalker wrote:
    Definitely agree the xbox is getting a few class titles atm. Add to that list that monkey ball was ported over last month & pro evo is getting a sequel next month.

Is half life 2 still meant to be coming out for xbox 1 or is it 360 now?

HL 2 is for xbox1 but expect a 360 version too.

There does seem to be a silly amount of games coming out atm, I'd reccomend burnout4 to anyone who liked the original, it's very cool, I have farcry but havent played it yet. I played the demo a few weeks back and I reckon it has the nicest graphics of any FPS on the xbox. FArcry also supports headsets over system link (for Kai and XBC), has a map-editor and has some sort of Feral mode which differs from the PC

Well a few more sweet releases making it through this weekend.

I got myself a few.

World Racing 2 - Not out for a month, but one of the best racers I've played, more fun and better than Boredout 4
    Taito Legends - Shouldn't really have bothered with this, due to most/all the games being available on Emu, but the front end is tidy and spent a few hours replaying Operation Wolf and Thunderbolt
    NHL 2K6The 2K sports series is currently owning the EA game series across all fields(NBA/NHL/College Hoops). Same company make Top Spin and Amped3. Anyway, their 2K6 games are 20 Dollars.

The other game i picked up was Cold War, havent had a proper chance to play it, but from what i've heard it could be good.

If you see World Racing 2, give it a go. It might not have an official release date until November though

I just got a chance to play far cry over the weekend. I cant get over how well it looks & how well the xbox is handling it. There is no slowdown whatsoever. Is there that much of a difference graphically to the pc version?

The only difference is the better quality screens used compared to TV's.

Advertisement