Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

African Grey Parrot Found

Options
  • 24-09-2005 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

If anyone knows of anyone who has lost an african grey parrot - please PM me - I know someone who has found one in the knocklyon area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Long shot but if you haven't already have the bird scanned for a microchip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

You might want to tell him or her to be *very* carefull.
    Because these birds are *so* expensive, the world and his monther may try to claim him as their own, then the following day, it will be in the Buy & Sell.

A simple way for somone to prove their ownership of a bird imho, is to ask them a couple of questions (quickly fired) like "Have his wings been trimmed?" or "what colour is his leg-ring?" (whether he has one or not ;) )

b

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Where are you keeping it ? What colour are it's Irises? Dark irises would suggest a young bird, and some of this seasons young birds would be fledged not too long ago is it talking? make sure you supply plenty of fresh drinking water and seed/fruit, they can lose weight rapidly, they have a very high metabolic rate. also if the bird is stressed, keep it warm heat is very important especially if the bird is missing it's owner and is sick in any way. They get mobbed by crows and magpies too so could be stressed, dammit I'm ranting on here.... but as frankfurter said, they are VERY expensive, 800 euro at least for a baby grey and people will try to take advantage.
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Bond007 lost a grey a while ago - it's a long shot but it might be their bird?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

didn`t twink lose her parrot before,don`t know what breed but she lives beside the shopping centre in knocklyon ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement