Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Class!

Options
  • 24-09-2005 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Was just passing by the new Outer Ring Road today and saw that the barracades have been nicely decorated;)

Take a look:

OpenSesamie.jpg

You've gotta laugh:

TallShips.jpg

Pure Genius :D :

ForF_kSake.jpg

Here's what it looks like at the moment (from the other side):

OtherSide.jpg

Fair play to the artists responsible for adding some much deserved humour into our joke of an infrastructure here in Ireland! :eek:

Alas, the end of the month is coming & then we can FINALLY reap it's rewards! :):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

"tall ships" me bollox :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I don't like gratuitous swearing but I'll let this one go! :D

I think we have lift off next weekend. Not a moment too bloody soon.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Lmao!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

lol, excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

drove out that way today an my frend was with me she goes tall ships me bol*x , I was like huh and then she was like the barriers look :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If this doesnt reduce the traffic outside my door every morning then I'm gonna go mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Funny.The road behind my house was completed ages ago but still not opened.Maybe its waiting for that one by Ardkeen

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its bloody well taking long enough, and them building that wall on the Tramore Road is just ****ing painfull. JUST BUILD IT AND GET OVER WITH IT!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Yeh i know.I wonder if theres any writing on the barriers up by the gracediue/back road?

Those pictures are class alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I saw some council dudes attempting to clean the barriers at ardkeen. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Barrie wrote:
    Yeh i know.I wonder if theres any writing on the barriers up by the gracediue/back road?

I had a look at the airport road junction and its clean!

Mike.

ps Gracedieu is on the other side of town! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Bond-007 wrote:
    I saw some council dudes attempting to clean the barriers at ardkeen. :D

Yeah....That's why I thought I better take the pics when the going was good ;) Get there before they destroy the evidence :D

Shur if they got the finger out they wouldn't have this problem! The truth hurts :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Hissing Sideban

That Gracedeiu road has been ready for months - no doubt waiting for minister or civil servant to sign a bit of paper or make an opening in thir diary to officially open it - .
    I periodically travel to Sligo and Donegal, and they have some of the best roads around up there - I noticed that in less than a year since I was there, they have built and Opened the Sligo bypass (it was just a muddy cutting this time last year) and are almost finished the Ballyshannon and Bundoran bypasses (which were not even started a year ago).

Meanwhile, down this way, it still takes an hour to travel 30 miles on the Dublin road to Paulstown, and huge artics fight their way through Thomastown - its a Joke! BMW regions my a*se!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Brilliant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Hehehehe, excellent. :D

Have they finished the bypass up there at Ballyshannon already, I was up last summer and it wasn't started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Meanwhile, down this way, it still takes an hour to travel 30 miles on the Dublin road to Paulstown, and huge artics fight their way through Thomastown - its a Joke! BMW regions my a*se!
    I thought that artics are banned from Thomastown and in general from the section of the N9 from Paulstown to Ballyhale. AFAIK there is acompulsory diversion via Kilkenny on the N10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Bond-007 wrote:
    I thought that artics are banned from Thomastown and in general from the section of the N9 from Paulstown to Ballyhale. AFAIK there is acompulsory diversion via Kilkenny on the N10?

They are indeed meant to go through Kilkenny. The buses still have to fight their way through though, often gettin stuck at the turn just past Carey's pub when they meet other traffic. It's madness that they have to go through such a tight space, I wouldn't be surprised if they've caused structural damage to the buildings at the corner, there are many scrapes along the wall where buses and other vehicles have been caught while turning, that can't be good for the buildings there.

Advertisement