Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The child Mozart

• 24-09-2005 7:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello,

I was wondering and thinking last night about just how in the world Mozart created such "masterful" peices in his child years. He didn't start composing at a high rate untill his adolescence, but some of his works as a child are just too incredible to believe. Sadly, I came to the conclusion that his father must have helped him quite a bit. Listen to his early piano works; even his Minuets (K.1) are very mature. Does anybody agree, or just care to enlighten me on some knowledge I must not know?

Thanks a bunch :p

Joke for the day :cool:

A smoker enjoys a (C)ig in the (P)ack
    Kermit the frog enjoys a ( )ig in the ( )ack :eek:

An angry dad (R)attles the (B)uns
    Mexican food ( )attles the ( )uns :eek:

A gambler (B)acks up a (H)unch
    A murderer ( )acks up a ( )unch :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cjs19

Although the maturity you speak of is evident, research on the manuscripts has shown that many of the early works were begun by his father who then instructed him to continue in a similar style. This seems to have been an impressionable and functional method of teaching composition as later on in his twenties Mozart mentions in a letter to his father that while attempting to get a student of his to continue the piece in a similar style she had "no innovative ideas whatsoever!". This method implies the laying of either a prescribed chord progression with no melody or a melody with no harmony. Similar to what you might do in the leaving cert music exam. Despite the aid the pieces still surpass anything I could write and Im not five years old. I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I heard a story where he was only 11 or 12 and to test him they had him listen to an allegro of around 7 min.. and he recalled the whole thing on paper entirely from memory.

His 23rd piano concertop is my fave.. then again, they're all sorta my fave.. anything by wolfie tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 Aviator55

I dunno if his father really helped him.

His first three symphonies were written in crayon. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Fallen Seraph

I think he was just Jesus reincarnated. Which also explains how he could fly.

Advertisement