Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone bored and wanna read trype?

Options
  • 23-09-2005 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

then here ya go, just the first 2 rough chapters, ...ish, criticism welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

well that was an experience, cant even remember how far i got into it, i hope that was not in any way supposed to be a serious bit of writing? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Loved it, from what I read.

Similar tastes, you and I, but well done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

cheers just been readin a tonne of michael chabon and hunter s thompson lately, enjoyin that first person thing, tis fun, cheers! ive more done just need to clean it up, he goes to work and gets pulled into a disiplinary meeting hes on acid and his bosses are both victims of that thalidamide (dont know if i spelled that right) thing and theyve deformed limbs, its basically an amalgamation of funny **** thats happened to me an folk i know,
    incidently i do everything for fun, the minute i start writing "serious" things is the minute it becomes a job and or i become opinionated and snooty

nicolo wrote:
    the minute i start writing "serious" things is the minute it becomes a job and or i become opinionated and snooty

if you were quoting me on "serious" i meant in the way it was formulated rather than its content, even if you dont want to be taken seriously i think its important to get the basic things like spelling and grammer correct, not even for yourself, just for the people who take time to read it - even if they are bored.

a simple spellcheck would have sorted most of it in your piece, and would not have taken long.

and as regards it being a job, i dont think many people who post or read on here do it as a job, nor are they snooty, some may be opinionated (id hope everybody is) but at least they take themselves, and sometimes their work "seriously"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ziggy sawdust

hey ctrl-alt-delete, can i just point out that if you're gonna moan about someone else's spelling, you ought to try and get your own right - ie: grammar.....

tee-hee......

ZS

• Advertisement

hey ctrl-alt-delete, can i just point out that if you're gonna moan about someone else's spelling, you ought to try and get your own right - ie: grammar.....

tee-hee......

ZS

sad "trype"

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

"tripe"

where'd the piece go?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

oh sorry took it down yesterday cos i realised i accidently uploaded an old version, a characters name switched half way through ill wak it back up in awhile, cheers for the defending bro! sure we're all here to have fun and tear down the establishment and erect a new one based on the ideas of seaseme street no?

Advertisement