Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query?

Options
  • 23-09-2005 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Solitaryman,

Not kidding but that would be a project for RooKad, a good quality timber base covered with stainless steel ? IMO copper would be a really nice job but eack to his own ;)

Cost ? well I believe we artistic types take on such projects and present the invoice on completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

rooferPete wrote:
    Hi Solitaryman,

Not kidding but that would be a project for RooKad, a good quality timber base covered with stainless steel ? IMO copper would be a really nice job but eack to his own ;)

Cost ? well I believe we artistic types take on such projects and present the invoice on completion.

Steel is steel….and it’s heavy. Aluminium would be lighter. Chequered aluminium looks heavy and is available in different gauges. But for something that big you’ll definitely need RooKad’s extensive experience and expertise to reinforce the floor and rebuild the wall.

Why Metal??? Why not timber, maybe balsa wood, or light wooden frame, covered with very thin ply ( eg door skins)… and timber would be easier to shape and I believe it can be made to look like metal
    Just my 2 cents worth
    t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

Then why not use CNC cut polystyrene foam that could be coated.

Just an idea.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Why on earth.... :confused:

Anyway these guys can make anything. http://www.shanehollanddesign.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement