Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibook sleeve

Options
  • 23-09-2005 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to buy a sleeve for my ibook 12" and am stuck between the Crumpler Gimp (4 week wait) and the Tucano 2nd Skin (2 day wait).

Both are the same price and seem similar but was wondering if anyone here has experience with either and could give an opinion.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 bobwozhere

I've got a Tucano 2nd skin. Works great for me. I cycle everywhere and get rained on regularly and it has always kept my ibook safe and sound even when everything else gets soaked. Works for me! I've no experience with the Crumpler Gimp though, hope that's some help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

thats exactly what i was looking for (a hands on experience review). Thanks very much, will leave it a few days to see if anyone has crumpler gimp experiences to share though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Tucano 2nd skin here too, keeps the iBook looking new and safer when carrying around, take the extra few seconds to make sure the iBook sits inside the lip though... easy to just zip it up without making it fit snugly taking away some of the shock and protection around the zipper area, not sure how waterproof it is supposed to be though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Thraktor

I've got a Tucano 2nd skin for my 12" PowerBook, fits like a glove and provides a nice, cushiony protection for the machine. It's not strictly speaking waterproof (water could leak in through the zip), but it's made of neoprene, so it does offer a fair degree of water protection. There are also hard-cases made for Apple laptops that you might want to have a look at if it's going to be tossed around quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I use a WaterField design sleevecase for my 15" TiBook which is great. Not waterproof but well padded and worth the price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement