Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newest addition to my collection

Options
  • 23-09-2005 1:23pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My old Beretta:
    58lk00011te.th.jpg

My new toy with laser sight:

58lj00010jq.th.jpg 58lj00054xj.th.jpg

58lj00022ue.th.jpg 58lj00034ad.th.jpg

SPECIFICATION:
    15 Shot Semi-Automatic
    Caliber: .177"
    Double Action
    Adjustable Sight
    Weight: .8 lbs
    Overall Length: 7.9"
    Barrel Length: 4.25"
    Velocity: 410 fps
    Trigger Pull: 6.3 lbs

Does anyone know of any sources within ireland for gamo accessories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭oldzed

Slade , What you have just announced to the world that you have is under the irish firearms law a functioning air pistol, and it requires the very same licence and security as any other pistol. congratulations , you are well on the way to being done for possession of an illegal firearm.
    junk like this does not need a licence in the uk , but it does on both sides of the border here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭BOBTHESHOOTER

Hi There

The previous post is correct with respect to your .177 CO2 pistol, it is classified as a firearm under the 1964 Firearms Amendments. The Gammo range of air rifles etc are imported by Millards, any of your local firearms dealers will carry ammunition, you will however require a firearms certificate to purchase the ammunition, I note that you did not indicated that you do not have a certificate, best advice would be to get one if you do not have one, only problem it will cost you €38 annually for the pleasure.

Contrary to the previous post I would not regard your air pistol as junk, for the practice it is a cheap alternative to .22 or higher calibre, this is one of the benefits of air pistols. I have fired some of these CO2 pistols and they are great fun, a serious target pistol they are not but none the less we do not all have to favour high quality target pistols to enjoy a bit of shooting.

The S&W 686 CO2 version will perform as well group wise as it .357/.38 big brother with 3 to 6 inch groups possible at 25 meters.

I understand that there may be a move to "less regulate" these low power air pistols and rifles, seems such a waste to have to jump through the same loops as an individual looking to get a .40 but currently you do!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Hi There

The previous post is correct with respect to your .177 CO2 pistol, it is classified as a firearm under the 1964 Firearms Amendments. The Gammo range of air rifles etc are imported by Millards, any of your local firearms dealers will carry ammunition, you will however require a firearms certificate to purchase the ammunition, I note that you did not indicated that you do not have a certificate, best advice would be to get one if you do not have one, only problem it will cost you €38 annually for the pleasure.

Contrary to the previous post I would not regard your air pistol as junk, for the practice it is a cheap alternative to .22 or higher calibre, this is one of the benefits of air pistols. I have fired some of these CO2 pistols and they are great fun, a serious target pistol they are not but none the less we do not all have to favour high quality target pistols to enjoy a bit of shooting.

The S&W 686 CO2 version will perform as well group wise as it .357/.38 big brother with 3 to 6 inch groups possible at 25 meters.

I understand that there may be a move to "less regulate" these low power air pistols and rifles, seems such a waste to have to jump through the same loops as an individual looking to get a .40 but currently you do!

I already have one, i got it for purchasing the air pistol, and was then stapled to my receipt, dont know why though

Although when i mentioned accessories i was referring to pellet traps and such, as you can see from the pics i have already purchased 10 more canisters of co2 and an additional tin of pellets for further practice

Advertisement