Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia Forceware 81 leaked get it here

Options
  • 23-09-2005 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭

The sh!t hot Nvidia Forceware 81 Drivers have been leaked. Apparently can give a boost of upto 600 3D Marks and 10fps in games (Figures from SLI 7800GTX setup)

Available Here

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1181

Features Include

TV-out / HDTV-out support for even higher resolution gaming support
    Mix and match vendors - for example, pairing an SLI supported graphics card from MSI with one from BFG or XFX
    Mix and match framebuffers (via Coolbits) - pairing a 128MB graphics card with a 256MB graphics card
    Ability to enable vsync for all Direct3D and OpenGL games
    Dynamically enable/disable SLI - rebooting is eliminated!
    Primary Display Switching
    Auto Display Detection
    Linux Support

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Will give them a bash later on today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I tried the 81.26 a day or 2 ago. Unfortunately on my system the way they work could be best described by the first adjective used by Inquitus in his OP. :(
    With these drivers my 6800gt makes 3dMark05 look like something the Predator (as in the alien hunter from the movies) saw in infra-red mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Beta drivers never work for me, always screw something up :rolleyes: , couldnt be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Beta drivers never work for me, always screw something up :rolleyes: , couldnt be bothered.

true mate, they are usually dodgy.. i like the new features in the these new drivers though. makes me wanna go nvidia ;)

Mac daddy wrote:
    Will give them a bash later on today :D

let us know how you get on.

also on a side point..its been ages since i used nvidia. What do you use to oc an nvidia graphics card?? is it still the coolbits regkey or are there anything better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Rivatuner or Coolbits Gline.

Just tried the Beta drivers out, bit buggy for day to day use....the 2D is a bit dodgy....my Mpegs look like they would if I were on acid :O)

3DMark05 runs fine as does BF2. Boost of a 100-200 in the score - just a quick test.

Inqui

Inquitus wrote:
    Rivatuner or Coolbits Gline.

Just tried the Beta drivers out, bit buggy for day to day use....the 2D is a bit dodgy....my Mpegs look like they would if I were on acid :O)

3DMark05 runs fine as does BF2. Boost of a 100-200 in the score - just a quick test.

Inqui
    so best off waiting for full release

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Unless you want to see a 3DMark05 boost, yes wait until release next week.

I am gonna unistall them and revert to the latest official drivers now.

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

gline wrote:

also on a side point..its been ages since i used nvidia. What do you use to oc an nvidia graphics card?? is it still the coolbits regkey or are there anything better?

Usually the coolbits is what I use, but on one of the recent 'official' drivers, the 77.76, I encountered something weird. I couldn't get the coolbits settings to hold when set to non default speeds. I'd go through the routine, change to say 10 MHz over default on the core and ram, apply the changes close the various dialogue windows and if I check the settings again 10 seconds later, they would always
    have reverted back to the defaults for my AGP Galaxy 6800GT (370/1000). It wasn 't only on my system that I observed this, the same thing happened on my friend's PCI-E Leadtek 6800GT. With that particular driver the only way I could bench the system at o'clocked speeds was to use Rivatuner which seemed to overpower the driver's will to change back.

edit: I found the Apocalypse Overdrive 80.40 to be very good. Gave 200-250 extra 3dmarks to my 6800, and no weird video issues whatsoever,when I had it in my Pentium 4 system. I recently built an A64 rig with ULI chipset (went with this cos I didn't wanna change my AGP gfx card yet and this chipset gives me the option of PCI-E and proper AGP on the one board), and moved the GT to this machine. Unfortunately the 80.40 give some moderate 2d problems in this rig when playing back divx/xvid video

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

gline wrote:

I installed them last night installation was okay had to reboot and guess what a nice blue screen - cause the Gfx driver :(

Uninstalled them -

As for overclocking the Gfx this is my first Nvidia - always have had ATI - but i have been playing around with riva tuner ( which also does not like the driver) for the past couple of days.

But i need to get some decent cooling in this sucker :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement