Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please

Options
  • 23-09-2005 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

can someone decrypt this message for me please:

DORSIEDOTYNBUCPEERIHHYNRTCACOACAEYINIE
    TOVERHDORDSUTSISECDDWHNOAUYSRAM
    DKAFGVOSSFISHEJRTEELWEIICEEODUONOKIOCE
    HLINTNMLTSNNLWTARREICDASPREHEO
    ADALECFWTAENITIITOAGOMWEBIEEUNEEUTLPRFP
    STMYEKAKHWWVIEBETOH

is a college quiz so im not trying to break into anything if that s what you think im doing, we got no more info than that message above, thats for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

What does this have to do with programming.
    Try this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

i thought when its a crypto course that it would have more to do with programming than puzzles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Lazy bastard, do it yourself, it looks like a simple matter of a statistical analysis, count the occurences of each letter one with most occurences is more than likely 'e'. Thats your only clue from me.

Google for a table of frequencies at which each letter of the english alphabet occurs which should get you some way to solving the problem.

Oh and see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Baz_ wrote:
    Lazy bastard, do it yourself, it looks like a simple matter of a statistical analysis, count the occurences of each letter one with most occurences is more than likely 'e'. Thats your only clue from me.

Google for a table of frequencies at which each letter of the english alphabet occurs which should get you some way to solving the problem.

You shouldn't have told him that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

rsynnott wrote:
    You shouldn't have told him that much.
    Now I feel guilty :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

joe316 wrote:
    is a college quiz so im not trying to break into anything if that s what you think im doing, we got no more info than that message above, thats for any help

I'll take the high road then....

*does the "You're going to faiiiIIiiil dance"

Oh,and since you have free time: shrink that sig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Bear in mind that everyone who gets through a CS course without being any good represents another horrible mess of code that you will one day have to debug.

'Course, this one is prob'ly just lazy. WHICH IS WORSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Laziness can be good in the right hands...

Advertisement