Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for restoring weather-beaten Garden furniture

Options
  • 23-09-2005 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

I have a 5-year old, heavy wood set of garden furniture that has been badly effected by the elements (don't know how, I varnished it 5 times over, obviously not well enough). Anyway, was about to dump it when a friend suggested I paint it (as opposed to varnish it i.e. Black, Green, blue, brown, etc).

My question is how should I go about this. Sand it down (lightly or more deep?). What sort of paint do I need? Would I be better spraying it this time?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭loz

Genghis wrote:
    I have a 5-year old, heavy wood set of garden furniture that has been badly effected by the elements (don't know how, I varnished it 5 times over, obviously not well enough). Anyway, was about to dump it when a friend suggested I paint it (as opposed to varnish it i.e. Black, Green, blue, brown, etc).

My question is how should I go about this. Sand it down (lightly or more deep?). What sort of paint do I need? Would I be better spraying it this time?

Any thoughts?

would teak oil not help preserv whats left ? - as it will soak into the sanded wood.

Advertisement