Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Rufus Wainwright Irish gigs....

Options
  • 23-09-2005 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Bah! According to ticketmaster and his website he appears to be doing a European tour with loads of UK dates but nothing here. I'm not a happy camper. 'What is to be done?' as Lenin said

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 endoftheline

he supported brian wilson there earlier in the year here in cork. missed him tho. mainly cos i thought he was supportin al green and got the wrong days off work.

Ugh. But isn't his mum playing here soon? He often plays concerts with her. (had to word that carefully. This is boards) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

He was in Vicar Street a few months back. Fantastic show, the venue was over-crowded completely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

In fariness to Rufus he's played ireland a hella alot over the last 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's not outside the realms of possibility that an Irish show will be added, especially if he's coming to the UK.

Would like to see him, missed him at Vicar St. Bigger venue this time please...Ambassador or Olympia would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

def not the ambo- that is one of the worst holes to be allowed host musicians. I'd happily take vicar street again, his last 2 shows there have been brilliant. But in saying that i wouldn't mind waiting a while longer to see him, he's played twice in the last 12 months so...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Winter Slide

I can appreciate that hes played alot of gigs here recently but if hes playing UK dates it would make sense to come over here. I've never seen him live before cos I really only started listening to him in the last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 garypope

i bet he adds a date - he's always playing ireland.

although saying that, i've seen him twice and haven't been blown away yet...

Advertisement