Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder She Wrote

Options
  • 22-09-2005 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

Anyone else just love this show? I love its cheesiness; the way EVERYONE knows Jessica Fletcher, the way, no matter where she is, the cop/sheriff will always let her "sit in" on interrogations, the way wherever she travels, people will always die-especially in the tiny town of Cabot Cove and finally, the way almost every episode ends with her laughing/smiling

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nightwish wrote:
    Anyone else just love this show? I love its cheesiness; the way EVERYONE knows Jessica Fletcher, the way, no matter where she is, the cop/sheriff will always let her "sit in" on interrogations, the way wherever she travels, people will always die-especially in the tiny town of Cabot Cove and finally, the way almost every episode ends with her laughing/smiling

I knew a really self proclaimed tough guy once, real kind of guy that would get on your case if you looked at him sideways. I worked with him for a small while and when I when I went to the canteen I found him watching murder she wrote. I kinda tried to break the ice, "Nothing good on, eh?"

And he goes what do you mean, this is a brilliant show!

I was just too busy trying not to laugh when he said "Watch at least five episodes, and you'll be hooked!"

I never did....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

what he said is true :D I watched it, whenever I had a day off or if I was home early from college, and its fantastic. You have to have true appreciation for 80s cheese though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

She must have been born in an orphanage or something cos the amount of nieces and nephews she had was unreal. Anybody who witnessed an average of 3 murders a week would be in a mental institution for depression, but not old cheery Jessica, music was great too.

Cabot cove, it was worse than compton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I disliked it immensely. That and DiagnosisMurder! Quincy was in the same vein but at least he was an arsehole so that made it watchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Murder She Wrote was something i used to watch with my nan on rainy saturday afternoons. It had suspense, wasn't as predictable as columbo and her nephew Grady was quite nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

I still switch it on some days if i'm around and its on BBC. Used to love all those types of shows - Murder She Wrote, Quincy, Father Dowling, Diagnosis Murder and Columbo. :D

And they're all repeated these days still too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Remember when Jess came to Ireland?

Doo doo dee doo doo do doo doo do do.

What a great theme song!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Car chases at no more than 35 mph. Brilliant. :D I really think the cops weren't doing theoir jobs though. I mean, everywhere she went, someone dies. Coincidence? They could have at least questioned her once! :D She was a black widow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

She lives in Kinsale

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Oh Lord, I can't stand that programme. If I had to watch any of those kinda shows, I'd pick Quincy or Culombo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭brian crackout

anybody remember when they used to have crossover episodes between murder she wrote and Magnum PI? jessica fletcher used to 'help out' Tom selleck in his investigations. Tom Selleck, Very intimidating Moustache methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Ah Granny Fletcher . that takes me back to my youth, Was she on Saturday nite
    and the Zimmer Frame laywer Matlock on Friday, and Fr Dowling on Thursday.....Nothing Like old ppl solving crimes, never under stood why the Sheriff did off her or even arrest Jessica Fletcher for interferring with the Course of Justice, Tis well know its comman pratice to jail innocent ppl in the USA , she was messing up his rep, and as for the doc ... could he even see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

chern0byl wrote:
    Remember when Jess came to Ireland?

Ah yeah, they had that in one of the episodes of Blizzard of Odd in the last season.....it was hilarious, but for all the wrong reasons; namely that anyone could actually sit down and enjoy it was a seriously funny image for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

I hate murder she wrote..

oh god how I hate it..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ah Murder She Wrote. My brother actually got addicted to it one summer. Anytime I've flicked it on, there's been someone famous in it. I've seen Billy Zane, Bree from Desperate Housewives and a very young George Clooney.

It's cheese but ya gotta love it! I saw the set when I went to Universal Studios. Was such a highlight!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

My boyfriend actually tracked down the very 1st ever Murder She Wrote for me as a pressie!
    He's so good to me.
    I have murder she wrote 'issues'.

I remember asking a girl in school once what she wanted to be when she grew up & she responded, 'Like, an author or something who helps out solving crimes n stuff. Like Jessica Fletcher!'
    I was so jealous that she had the idea 1st!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

Jessica rocks! i wanna grow up to be like her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

anybody remember when they used to have crossover episodes between murder she wrote and Magnum PI? jessica fletcher used to 'help out' Tom selleck in his investigations. Tom Selleck, Very intimidating Moustache methinks.

that episode was on today at lunch time, jessica rocks, it was off air for half the year and i was heartbroken(not really........well maybe a little) and they had that diagnosis murder tripe on instead. i mean a doctor solving murders is not half as believable as a world famous author

didnt they do an episode in ireland once???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

tintinr35 wrote:

didnt they do an episode in ireland once???
    2 part special filmed in Lismore around the castle and its environs. Very cheesy, with actors with god-awful accents. Plot revolved around the "ghost" of the castle and the obligatory murders taking place around the castle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, great cheesy show!

Remember that joke in Family Guy about it?
    Jessica: John, It's hard for me to admit this... I've... had an abortion.
    Random person who overhears this: Ah, so she's the murderer!

Or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

My da used to always say he couldnt understand why jessica fletcher had so many friends - every where she went someone died!! ya think they would have learnt not to invite her over ;-)

Advertisement