Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ram , Everest, cpu-z and sisandra question

Options
  • 22-09-2005 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Have my 2 x 512mb ocz platinum Rev2 all nicely installed in the dual channel slots on my asus an8-sli premium and timings set to 2-2-2-5 at 1T in the bios so all good.

Thing is, cpu-z , everest and sisandra all report the slot 1 module as some sort of generic 3200 ram at odd timings under the spd tab, where as the slot two shows up as it should - ocz platinum at the right timings.

Whats this spd tab about folks and any idea why it isnt showing me the same type dimm in each slot??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

The SPD tab is what the memory reports itself to the PC as. It should report the same for both sticks if they were a matched pair.

Contact OCZ tech support through BleedinEdge to see if you'll need an RMA.

However,
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Its ok that the SPD tab on CPU-z doesn't read correct, as long as the timings are set manually in the bios, then that is how the ram is running. Set them the way I suggested and see if everything runs ok....the CPU-z display on the SPD tab has no effect on how the computer runs, it is merely informative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

thanks, wizzard.

it seems a bit weird to me, i'll post on the ocz forum to check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel mode fit one stick in slot 1 and the other in slot 3. should work ok then !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Yeah I have them in the right slots,
    the guys on OCZ forum reckon its just the spd info report misprogrammed or somesuch and nothing to worry about. :)

2 minutes to resolve. Now THAT's customer support! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Dundhoone wrote:
    Yeah I have them in the right slots,
    the guys on OCZ forum reckon its just the spd info report misprogrammed or somesuch and nothing to worry about. :)

maybe a bios update on the mobo might fix that?? ;)

Nayh it's the RAM stick itself which reports the wrong numbers to the motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

WizZard wrote:
    Nayh it's the RAM stick itself which reports the wrong numbers to the motherboard.

ah i see. stupid me :(

Advertisement