Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traditional men...ladies

Options
  • 22-09-2005 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Ladies, what’s your take on traditional men who view woman and relationship roles in a rigid way?
    Controlling?, romantic?, ridiculous?, the way it should be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and view . . . .the problem is when that opinion translates into controlling or disrespectful behaviour.

I think anyway that a lot of traditional views on women are about control so a lot of the time that's what comes across.

What kind of views are you talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Moved from PI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

oreilly2 wrote:
    Ladies, what’s your take on traditional men who view woman and relationship roles in a rigid way?

Yeah - define traditional.

Answers will be forthcoming then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

oreilly2 wrote:
    traditional men who view woman and relationship roles in a rigid way?

yeah thats pretty much being controlling and deciding what the woman should and shouldn't do because of his 'traditional' beliefs. its a load of bollocks imo. yeah sure if the woman is 'traditional' too and has no desire to do anything but raise his kids, keep his house and have his dinner on the table every day thats fine, but i bet 99.9% of women would be unhappy with that kind of situation. who the hell would want to do nothing but act like a second mother to some guy ?

well that would be my version of 'traditional' anyway. please clarify if you meant something else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

oreilly2 wrote:

Until you provide your definition for a "traditional" man, and because you've used the word 'rigid', I'll just say "frightened."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

oreilly2 wrote:
    What, you mean "traditional" as in blokes who reckon woman's true place is in the home, specifically kitchen and bedroom?

"Traditional" me arse. Guess what I think. If I was a woman I'd presumably think the same thing. Seraphina and athena put it pretty well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement