Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed - bearings gone in engine of Honda Shadow 90

Options
  • 22-09-2005 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭

The bearings went in my engine about 4 weeks ago. Just before this I had the bike in with JP Motorcycles and he mentioned that they weren't far from going, so he got it right.

I called him back and asked if he could fix it to which he replied that it wouldn't be worth his time as it's a lot of work, which I was surprised with. Anyway, I found Capitol Motorcycles in Rathgar (a Honda dealer) who agreed to fix it. I had the bike collected and dropped to their workshop and all seemed fine, except that today I get a call to say that they're closing down!! All the lads are being made redundant, which sucks for them, so my bike can't be fixed by them.

So, I'm looking for a bike shop that will repair this problem. It's going to cost me around €500 and I need to have the bike collected and dropped as it won't run (which is another €45) so I'd like to get it done either today or tomorrow.

Can anyone recommend another Honda dealer in Dublin? I will try the New Gem in Ranelagh as I've been there before, but the last bit of work they did was very dodgy and nearly caused a blowout on my rear tyre so I'd be a little nervous about going back to them.

Cheers.

Advertisement