Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live

Options
  • 22-09-2005 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi All

I was wondering if I could pick your brains... I would like to get Xbox live for my brother's b/day but wasn't sure how to go about it (not very console minded :confused: )

Anyway, he is based in Dublin and I was wondering who you would recommend for using broadband for the sole purposes of Xbox live.

any advise?

Many thanks

Gemstone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Gemstone wrote:
    Hi All

I was wondering if I could pick your brains... I would like to get Xbox live for my brother's b/day but wasn't sure how to go about it (not very console minded :confused: )

Anyway, he is based in Dublin and I was wondering who you would recommend for using broadband for the sole purposes of Xbox live.

any advise?

Many thanks

Gemstone

Just go into GAME and buy the starter kit for 39.99 - you get a years subscription and the communicator and voice headset. As for the broadband - any halfway decent connection should do. I assume he already has that though or were you going to pay for it to?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Doesnt matter what broadband provider you go with, as long as they give you a router with more than one port you'll be grand. You can buy yearly Xbox live kits in HMV/GAME (like so : http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10208&mid=325086) and that will get him up and running!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Personally I'd use bt they are the best for broadband about at the moment. Eircom are good providers but once you sign they have a habbit of screwing you over.

Not sure if they still have them but you can get broadband and then either through www.xbox.com or game or hmv you can signup and buy xbox live packs. Sign up on the web is probably easier.

Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭assassin_ie

If you by the Xbox live starter kit with 12 month subscription will you need to have credit card details at any point during the set up or is it just a one off payment for the 12 months??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

NTL Broadband works great for me. :)

Just got debited my yearly Xbox sub though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If you by the Xbox live starter kit with 12 month subscription will you need to have credit card details at any point during the set up or is it just a one off payment for the 12 months??

You will still need to have a credit card number if you get one of the 12 month starter kits, but the card will not be charged. The card number is needed though more as part of the proving that you are someone genuine and either over 18 yourself, or have the permission of someone over 18 to sign up for Live.

The credit card would then potentially get charged the following year when the 12month subscription runs out, but you can then by another 12 month subscription card with cash again to update if required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭assassin_ie

Thanks for the info

Advertisement