Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI Latency Tool !

Options
  • 22-09-2005 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Hi all, got this great tweaking tool (AGP Only) from http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951 and gave it a go last night !

I noticed a slight increase in FPS but an amazing increase in the smotthness of Bf2 and CSS which I tend to get jerks in time and again !

Its only for AGP and there is extensive forum on people experiences.

Strnage that my mobo has the PCi latency at 128 and the windows registry had it at 248 I think.

might be worth a go at your own risk !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

you can also change the agp latency with the ati-tool, if you have an ati card. it is in settings/at the dropdown menu above,scroll to miscellaneous and there it is midway down, this is also loaded at start-up.
    i used the pci-latency tool to verify results. i went from 255 to 64 and noticed a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

mine was better at 128 than 248 :-)

bf2 more smooth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

cool i must try this out, work with any agp card???

only AGP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Drapper wrote:
    only AGP

yes but ANY AGP card??

• Advertisement

yup once its in the AGP slot ! ;-)

any joy gline ?

anyone try it out works great for me !!!!!

Advertisement