Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 Commercial Charge at cashier

Options
  • 22-09-2005 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I was going through cashier toll on M50 yesterday, and was charged 3.10 instead of usual 1.80.

I think this is a fairly recent thing as i have been driving thru the toll in the same vehicle (commercial jeep) for 2 yrs and was always charged 1.80 at cashier toll.

I explained this to the woman and she just said this is the new rule, and pointed to a page they have in the booth window with comercials on it, (transits, berlingos,caddy vans etc). I pointed out that my jeep wasn't on the display and no commercial jeeps were on it. She called her manager who told her to still charge me the 3.10. They do this at the M1 toll but only started doing it now at M50 toll. Suppose the way round it is to just go thru the car gate and pay 1.80.

Just think this is anotther rip off republic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I wouldn't say rip-off republic, I would say bad customer service and public information.

You are driving a van so therefore you should pay the commercial van charge.

Having said that tolling in this country is a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

I agree i should pay the van charge, i dont have a problem with this, what i do have a problem with is it just being landed on me, after 2 years of going thru there and nothing said and then they just decide one day to change it, no warnings etc......

apparantly car vans have to pay the 3.10 aswell, i.e. focus, almeras etc....

i just thought some sort of notice should have been given, it begrudges me giving them money.....but have to use toll for job etc.....anyway, enough moaning now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I agree with you ... shoddy customer service but why would they care?

Perhaps you should get one of those easypass things?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

thought about it but dont see the point, no saving really and the fact that there is still a barrier on the lane defeats the purpose i think,half the time it seems to be stuck down and a queue at it.I think you should just be able to drive through and not have to wait for a barrier to lift, like the ones in other countries.

I'm sure Mr NTR is worried on a friday nite about this anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Car vans can still go thru the bucket lanes for €1.80

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

I'm sick of paying at the toll, and now it's costing more if you own a jeep.
    Wonderful ‘’NOT’’

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

Im torn between a car and car van.

Whats the latest on this - are they still ok for the bucket lane in a car van?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Time to invoke the card again! :mad:

oldposts.jpg

Please do not drag up old posts. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Bond-007 wrote:
    Time to invoke the card again! :mad:

oldposts.jpg

Please do not drag up old posts. Thank you.
    poster was asking for an update on an old topic.....fair enough i think....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

worded wrote:
    are they still ok for the bucket lane in a car van?
    From personal experience it seems to depend on how alert and observational the staff are. A few times I've thrown in the car toll into the bucket but the barrier didn't rise. When I've pressed the help button, I've been requested to pay the difference (presumably by someone monitoring the CCTV).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Speaking of shoddy customer service at West Link.............at 6pm this evening with very heavy traffic, one lane malfunctions. What do NTR do? They switch the display to lane closed, force all vehicles in queue to next lane and put a solitary cone out in front of the closed lane.

Now surely they can raise the barrier manually (in fact, don't they have a universal joint which allows them to do this very easily, they certainly used to!) and if the IT has failed then they should forfeit their tolls on that lane and just let traffic through foc.

Advertisement