Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite word

Options
  • 22-09-2005 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

some words are fantastic - simple words that aren't even aware of their own beauty - words that sit in your head like a long lost love - an old girlfriend whose image flickers into your mind just as you fall asleep - a sound - an intonation - an inflexion - a moment in vocablary never to be repeated - a first kiss - a rite of passage.

What I want is that all you regular and not so regular contributers supply a word or words that you particularly like in this thread and when a sufficient amount are gathered I will combine them into what should be a wonderfully collaborative piece of poetry.

Let me start by supplying three words that I particularly like:

Ancient, photograph, sliver

do contribute - it would be nice if we could put together something publishable

ZS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

the idea of having a thread of cool words appeals to me but that of your fine self harvesting them and regurgitating them as "fine poetry" does not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If this turns into another postcount++ thread I'm locking it.

If, on the other hand, you want to supply detailed and intelligent reasons for why you like a word, carry on. So far, I'm not very convinced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

Spoon, Spooning, Spooning under the Moon...words that end in ooN or end in able...Lickable, fanciable etc. Fidget, hmm dunno what else really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Some days I think the whole damn forum has me on ignore...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement