Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Homes For Kittens

Options
  • 21-09-2005 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I live in dublin and have 3 kittens looking for new homes. All black and white, 7 weeks old, litterbox trained. if interested contact me at sharonlarkin@imagine.ie genuine offers only

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Hi Sharon
    I don't know you and don't want to be seen to be " preaching " :D
    But............. there's always a but !

Would you please please ensure that anyone adopting your little kitties undertake 100% to have them spayed / neutered at 5 months.
    Dublin is under massive crisis with unwanted cats and the situation just doesn't look like it's ever going to get better.

I can recommend a clinic where people can get their cats done for €20 and can arrange appointments if this helps you encourage them in any way
    Please let me know if I can be of any help

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

... and also getting their mother spayed would be good....
    Good luck finding homes ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

:mad:
    Yeah fancy me missing that of all things :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

Yeah, seriously, get the mother done asap. Also, I believe current veterinary thinking, particularly the American Veterinary association, is that kittens as young as 8 wks can be neutered? If this is the case, maybe you should consider getting the kittens done yourself? Is 7 weeks not a bit young to be taking them away from their mother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thatkindofgirl

In my experience, although kittens can be spayed as young as 3 months in some countries (like the states), in Ireland, they won't do it til 6 months.

Kittens should stay with mom until they are 8 weeks old, then they can be fully weaned. Leaving mom before that can result in behavioural issues.

Mom will have to be spayed around the time her kittens are 8 weeks old, so she doesn't go into heat and get caught out again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 sharonlarkin

no they are all eating proper kitten food, not feeding off the mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

no they are all eating proper kitten food, not feeding off the mother.
    yes but the mother cat will still be teaching them so they NEED to stay with her until they are 8 weeks old mimimum to give them the best start in life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Unless the kittens are being homed in pairs or to a home that already has a cat in residence then they should be kept together until 12 weeks.

Advertisement