Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeding Pair Of Angels - just Wondering

Options
  • 21-09-2005 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Hi all

2 reasons 1, Aggression 2, Room and Discus ( boo hoo there so pretty)

I have a breeding pairs of Angels ( Male silver Black Strips - not atum angel but similiar, Female Black white and Gold ) both 6 inches look beautiful really, breeding on a bi weekly basis or there abouts , All perfectly heatlhy full fins etc.

Looking at putting these two on the market ( maybe )as there attaching my discus (2 at the moment and have gotten the discus bug) on a regular basis when breeding there all in a 260 litres, anally maintained tank, :)

this size angel usually goes for Around 25 or so each but being a breeding pair? 60?

Pics attached,

Your opinions greatly received,

Rob
    Ps have the girlfriend nearly in tears as she loves them So much, but have done the discus thing on her and Im getting there,
    jezz Im going to have to open my own aquarium at the stage. haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Nice looking pair real shame to let them go. Had to do the same with mine though a few months ago they really just weren't getting along with anything else in the tank, since they were removed everyone is getting along great :)

Beautiful fish it's amazing how intelligent they are, mine definately recognised me and with a bit of food based training they would always come over to a particular corner of the tank and 'wiggle' their fins when they wanted some attention (i.e. food) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

hiya

Yeh I know what you mean ,the only only they stay away from is the 8 inch pleco who ignores them, but they recognise me when I walk into the room and do the same , if I approach the tank they know whats happening its feeding time or time to beg, there so smart,

Truly a lovely fish and make me sad to even think of emoving them,they have such character.

:o(

Might also be putting up a male Bolivian Ram , really nice lad and his fins are growing out really nicely, again the only reason is there are three in the tank and there are two male and female who have bonded so,

for some reason 99% of fish I get seem to pick are or become a pair, Don`t ask me how or why,

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Glennifer

I may be interested in the Ram.

As for the angels, they're not a "matching" pair which drops the price a little (mongrel fry - not meant to be insulting!). I'd say maybe €50? Oh and the techinical breeder name for the male's strain is black marble :) I have a breeding pair of them!

Hi

Angels, were to begin, look angels bred , Im no fool having 17 years experience in fish keeping, apologies if make it easier to read, and not assuming in any way that no one knows there stuff but heh, for crying out loud I dont sell fish i keep them ( well more like they keep me and Im happy that way ) yeh there different "strains" of angel, never said otherwise, simple wondering what a breeding pair of Angels who reproduce on and bi weekly schedule might work out at? stating the point I stated in my first mail, different types of angels

And knowing each "Strain" between black marble and crossing genetics, give me a break , some learning material maybe its up to you http://members.aol.com/AngelBook/angel7.htm

anyway :o)

the bolivian Ram (Microgeophagus altispinos) is still around and happy to Find a new home, but he seems to have grow these type of Claws instead of his pectoral fin so maybe I should think of keeping him back and keep causing hassle with my breeding pair instead hmmm ...

Anywhos

Cheers

Rob
    sigh
    :o)

• Advertisement

Hiya Apolpgies for the last Email. :o)

Anyway as they have just layed eggs again (on the glass this time), and again rage war on the tank, So much to my dismay Im going to have to let the go,

Anyone interested?

50 euro , Can come a see them if you wish there perfectly healthy and with correct feeding ( there well feed with the correct food,) there laying eggs all the time,.

Anyway Sad to See them go but heh,

Any geniune interest let me know,

rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Where do you home the young fish to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Glennifer

Sorry! Didn't mean to sound condescending I'm just quite interested in genetics (Parents are geneticists), what I meant by crossed strains is that you won't be able to garuntee that all the marble phenotype fry will infact be homozygous. Which would piss me off as a breeder, but hey your LFS won't care!

Home the young Fish, I don`t to be honest they "disappear" once there free swimming have tryed all types of fry cages to no avail they end up killing the fry by trying to Move them out of there fry nets/cages .

Also having three tanks and there all full I dont have anywhere to put the younguns to be honest, and as much as I love Fish Im not much into breeding them. but the only Reason Im letting them go is ( apologies to boards.ie And charter I should have Read ) because there waging war in my tank almost every weekend when they mate and I have already lost one discus and another could be on it way also as they are so agressive to anything that moves including me :o)

Rob

Hi Glennifer, is ok, my apologies also I wasnt much in the mood for a lecture and I should learn to not reply when in a bad mood.

But I took your point on board and had studyed it before anyways before I decided they have To go and waying up the point of hmm new tanks and maybe breeding them ( Local Fish shops havnt a clue mostly) or keep letting them wage war in the 260 litre. we already have three and at this point another And we will both have to get water wings And snorkle gear and just flood the house instead, :)

haha

Rob

• Advertisement
Advertisement