Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Free fees"

Options
  • 21-09-2005 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

I have a quick question if somone could answer it for me.

I contacted the TCD undergraduate admissions office and asked them if I have an undergraduate degree from a fee paying private college could I do another undergraduate degree in TCD and still avail of the "free fees" scheme. I was told that yes I could as long as I have a letter from the college were I did my first degree stating that I paid for the course and didn't receive any money from the HEA.

All fine and dandy at this point but I put the same query to UCD undergraduate admissions and was told that I couldn't get the "free fees." Which of the colleges is correct?

I sent an email to the department of Ed but haven't gotten a reply yet. Anyone have aclue on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would suggest asking at your local citizens advice bureau.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

The department of Ed got back to me and told me that I can't get the free fees scheme which begs the question- why did TCD tell me I wouldn't have to pay fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

don't ask, don't tell

keep your previous education cards close to your chest
    at the end of the day no need to nail your colours to the mast if they are going to hit you for six

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

True but I probably wouldn't get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 noLoner

I did IT in 2003/2004, all was good except Maths, it was just a killer harder than anything I had ever done.

Now researching doing a course in GMIT, just wondering how much it's gonna cost me to do GA442, any1 do a year in NUIG and leave to do a course in an IT? If so whats it gonna cost me? :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement