Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gimme cpu powaah!

• 06-09-1999 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Um anyone know where to get cpu's for a decent price? some where around dub would be best, not off over there in thr turf! cheeky.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Hummm, I would be inclined to say you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Europoint, Long mile road.

Good as long as you pay cash.

I dont source any parts in Ireland tho cos they're too expensive. Ordering from across the water is still cheaper even with currency difference, vat and handling charges.

All ya need is a credit card. www.dabs.com, www.techdirect.co.uk, www.scan.co.uk, www.insight.com/uk. 4 of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Scan seems to be the best, good service.
    I was on the site today: the price of RAM is scary these days!! I'm glad I got my 128megs when I did...

Happy hunting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Just don't buy PC's from europoint, one of the security gaurds here did, he still has not been able to use it,Every time it fvcks up he sends it back, they give him something new except for the time when they gave him back the pc without the motherboard....He was planning to get his money back.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

hmm...bit of a false impression there then smile.gif

only bought a few bits of kit from europoint, never had any trouble.

I mostly use them cos their cdr's are quite cheap smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I'd say he was just unlucky

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 09-09-99).]

Advertisement