Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reloading Xbox Dash

• 21-09-2005 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

I upgraded to a 120 gig HDD and have the origional backed up on the PC can someone point me in the correct direction for loading the origional dash as it is only showing an error
    I have loaded evo x no bother and updated all the apps to the latest version

Wouldent mind having it for online as we are finally getting BB in the sticks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

is it softmodded or hardmodded? you also need to give more detailed info on what you've done, for instance does the xbox boot into evox at all or are you just having problems trying to access the microsoft dashboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

its hard modded evox is fine I just need the MS dash reinstalled
    i bought it with the 4 gig modded and all the apps fully loaded i got my hands on a copy of evo x and installed a 120gig that i had laying around i used ftp to run a full backup over to the pc before switching hard drives

sounds like you havent locked the harddrive. The MSdash will only load when the HD is locked even with a modchip. The lock prevents you from easily putting an xbox drive into a PC (to prevent casual hacking) but the xbox stores part of the unlock code on a chip and combined with the HD serial number forms the correct code. Evox has a HD lock tool in one of the settings menus which would probably be the easiest, it will do it all automatically.

configmagic will also do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I was looking at the settings HD Lock is disabled and I dont have the option to chance it however I found an option in EVO X to boot into MS Dash but I take it the chip is enables when you do this

I dont use modchips and never have so I'm not an expert on your problem by any means but I think that the evox.ini file needs to be edited to enable this feature. Have a look at the evox.ini file and change the following lines from this:
    # Item "Lock Harddisk",@210
    # Item "Unlock Harddisk",@211
    to this:
    Item "Lock Harddisk",@210
    Item "Unlock Harddisk",@211
    in other words delete the # symbol in front of the lines. Save the ini file, ftp it back to the xbox and now evox should show the lock/unlock commands. You may want to re-edit the ini file back to stop you from accidentally doing it again once you've locked the drive.

If that doesnt work then try configmagic and take a look here to see if your HD is lockable.

good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Lock/Unlock hard drive option in the bios screen when you change the mod-chips bank via the switch.

Lock/Unlock hard drive option in the bios screen when you change the mod-chips bank via the switch.
    good stuff, I made this very difficult didnt I? where were you when we needed you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

;) Dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭axel90

you can download original dash here http:www.x-b-o-x.net

Advertisement