Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Shower

Options
  • 21-09-2005 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    We're planning on putting in a new bathroom over a garage extension. Im looking for your adice and experience of different shower systems, should I go with a mains fed system, take a feed from the water tank, or put in a seperate water tank? Im hoping to make it a wet room with a high powered showering area. The local water pressure is only ok, wouldnt shock you or anything :D. And we also suffer from hard water, tho I think Im gonna put in a treatment system for that.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

if you want good pressure you'll probably have a mixer setup off the hot water cylinder.there's a standard type pump (goes in the hot press usually)with a pressure switch that cuts in and out.or even a 'power shower' maybe.anything instantaneous off the mains or tank wouldn't heat the water fast enough .

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

thanks Dave, Yeah I can see how heating mains water might be a problem if Im looking for a high pressure shower. Can that pump be used if the water tank is downstairs..??..Dormer house

Cheers
    Dave eile

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Your water tank downstairs, are you sure, even if it a dormer the tank should be up in the attic, did u mean the cylinder?

yeah sorry...the cylunder is downstairs.....Can I take a hot feed from this and a cold feed from a seperate tank in the attic into a double pump located below the cylinder and then feed these up to the shower mixer upstairs (pretty long draw from pump to shower tho).
    ??

Cheers for the info
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

Xennon wrote:
    yeah sorry...the cylunder is downstairs.....Can I take a hot feed from this and a cold feed from a seperate tank in the attic into a double pump located below the cylinder and then feed these up to the shower mixer upstairs (pretty long draw from pump to shower tho).
    ??

Cheers for the info
    Dave

i don't know as i'm only a sparky unfortunately.regarding an instantaneous shower unit there may be a mains gas type suitable for your job if you're in a city. i'm out the country so i don't know much about that type of stuff

• Advertisement

thanks dave, country bumpkin here too

Dave

Advertisement