Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

test bike type...what's out there?

Options
  • 21-09-2005 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭

...just wondering, for those of you who have used a 'school bike' for either lessons or the test........what kind was it?

I've seen people mention CB250 - but that could mean anything as back as far as the '70s.........what models are currently being used? If you've got the exact name/model/age let me know.

Or a pic would do !!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

its the new cb250, mine was a 2000 cb250, nice little bike, my mate did his on my bros 400

well actually i did my test on a 96 tux 250 (horribly little piece of sh1te that couldnt change gear)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I did mine last month on a 2003 cb250....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I did mine on a 2003 cb 250 as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

"CB250".....problem is, they've used this title since.........the '70s (see above). Trawling the 'net to buy one is throwing up ancient ****e, so I need the proper model designation, e.g. CB250DX1 etc etc

...or a pic...

Tks !!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/270293/ - except mine was red.... if you're trawling the net put in the year as well - ie 2003 cb250..... Are you just buying one for the test?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

nope, I'm a bit past my test at this age..........did it in 87.

Now, I don't want to trip on any mods toes here - but - I'm thinking of buying a couple and renting them out.......so am trying to cost up the project.

Ode To The Motorist

When I did mine there was a guy there on a Hysoung Aquila from a school. At least I think it was one of them - it was kind of stupid looking and I was too nervous to check it out... You'd want someting like a CB250 or a cruiser so anyone will be able to ride it ie- it won't be too heavy or too high etc - i was worried about using a school bike because I'm quite short for a biker at 5-1 but the CB was fine size wise :D

Advertisement