Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Liability insurance

Options
  • 21-09-2005 9:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

A landowner recently told me there's no problem hunting on his land if i obtain public liability insurance to carry a firearm,does anyone know where i'd get this and how much i would expect to pay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Well, I'm with Countryside Alliance Ireland.
    Here's their membership application page.

€60 (Single Membership) gets you approx. €7,000,000 of public liability insurance cover, €40,000 of personal accident cover, and €20,000 of accidental death benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

IFA Countryside Is who I'm with for the 1st year. You also get some discounts with them also. It's my 1st year & membership fee is €60 - €70.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Splendid,i'll give em a bell!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭benhurt1

anyone know which of these policies are recognised by all of the ranges and associations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

benhurt1 wrote:
    anyone know which of these policies are recognised by all of the ranges and associations?

I don't think its a case of who recognises them. If a range/association/landowner requires you to have insurance I think they would be happy as long as the activity is covered by your policy and it is with a reputable insurer. Countryside Alliance have a list of recognised activities; they are hunting, coursing and terrier work under the Hunting Act 2004, deer stalking, sporting shooting, angling, falconry, hound trailing, field trial vermin control, voluntary unpaid duties at shows & events and whippet racing, rifle shooting and target shooting. I checked with them the other day and this includes pistol target shooting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement